You can already tell. The signs of addiction are there. The only way to fight it is to admit you have a problem.
Or… You can research the topic, gather sources, write an article, edit for visibility, find a photo, and publish the article (thereby prolonging your addiction). It’s up to you. However, here are a few things you might want to be on the lookout for…
Twenty Signs You’re Addicted to Associated Content
1. You are on a first name basis with all Content Managers (CMs).
2. You made yourself a “Clout 10” shirt that you wear daily.
3. You have been editing conversations with friends and family to make them SEO-friendly (if you don’t know what SEO is, you better start learning!)
4. Your house burned down and you haven’t noticed yet. (Anyone smell smoke?)
5. You replaced your burned down house with your performance bonus.
6. You write so much that Associated Content had to hire 17 new editors to keep up with your articles.
7. You can navigate and publish on Associated Content. Blindfolded. Handcuffed. While surrounded by rabid animals. (Rabid mongooses… Mongeese? Whatever.)
8. Someone refers to your name in a conversation, but you don’t recognize anything other than your byline.
9. Your friends and family changed emails and never told you. (They just love those subscriptions!)
10. You go out and make new friends solely for the referral bonus.
11. You know what the knitting circle is. (I know, I know, you don’t really knit.)
12. Every word in your article can be hyperlinked to another article you’ve written.
13. You search Associated Content before Google.
14. You’re part of a subscriber for subscriber (S4S) system, and you must click 4.84 million times per hour to keep up your end of the bargain. (Time for a new mouse.)
15. You forced Associated Content to increase the page view calculator to the billions.
16. You’re pushing for a new system with clout levels from 1-30.
17. You memorize the exact web addresses of good article topics (including the IP address, just in case).
18. Instead of sending your money via PayPal, Associated Content sends your own personal Brinks armored car. (Just stack it with the others, boys.)
19. You read this list and blushed. (I know you’re out there!)
20. You read this list and thought you could do better.
Well, if you can, go ahead! I’d love to see what ideas everyone else has!