Recipe for Vegetarian Chicken Parmesan
Enjoy this recipe created by me for vegetarian chicken parmesan. It is quick, inexpensive and can be cooked based on desired servings.
1- Boca “chicken” Soy Patties (1 patty per serving, 4 come in a pack)
1- Package of Pasta, preferably fresh (spaghetti or fettuccini works best, if purchasing a fresh pasta you can get approx. 3 servings per 1 package of pasta)
1- Container of pasta sauce, preferably fresh, but jarred will work. Approximately 2 ounces of sauce per serving are needed, more or less depending on preference.
1- Container of Parmesan cheese or fresh cheese (Mozzarella or Provolone)
1- 8 or 9″ Round Pie plate backing dish or 9″9 square pan
1- Roll of Aluminium foil
1. Bake meatless “chicken” patty per box directions. While cooking “chicken” patty, bring water to a boil and cook pasta. When finished cooking pasta, drain.
2. In baking dish, layer items as follows: pasta, 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce, “chicken patty”, remaining spaghetti sauce. Top with cheese and cover.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
1. Try not to pull foil over the dish tightly, as the cheese will stick to the foil. The goal of the foil is to prevent the noodles and cheese from burning.
2. If cooking multiple servings, the dish size recommended will accommodate approximately three servings (round) or four servings using the square pan.
3. Optional side dishes with meal include: garlic bread, green beans (Italian), or a side salad.
Recipe: Vegetarian BBQ Cheeseburger Salad
This vegetarian “cheeseburger” salad is easy to prepare and requires very little prep.
1- Package of Boca Meatless Burgers (Flameless All-American tastes great)
1- Package of Lettuce (“Shreds” are already sliced for those in a hurry)
1- Container of French Fried Onions (only if you like onions)
1- Bottle of BBQ sauce (mustard or honey based)
1- Package of Cheese for salad (optional, flavor your choice)
1. Bake “burger” for 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Flip, and sprinkle fried onions on the same tray to cook. Set timer for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, cut “burger” into small, bite-sized pieces to go on salad.
2. Sprinkle cut lettuce on plate. Add cut pieces of “burger”, followed by cheese and then onions. Top with BBQ sauce. Enjoy a great-tasting salad.
1. Boca “burgers” tend to stick to pans, even when sprayed with cooking spray. To make clean-up easier, cut a piece of foil, place on tray, spray with cooking spray and then dispose.
2. If unsure if a big bottle of BBQ sauce will taste good sample flavours by ordering a side item at a chicken or BBQ restaurant and ask for some BBQ sauce. Baked beans, wedges or other types of side items are a great side with this salad and the BBQ sauce samples can save you from spending money on a flavor you may not like.