Let’s face it women, guys for the most part consider Valentine’s day a pain, in that it forces us to reach into that sappy sentimental side, we all keep hidden and to some extent isolated from the ridicule of our peers. This being said, we love you and will go to any extent to grin and bare what we consider a token and commercialized day for that sweet return of “sumpin sumpin” or you’re beautiful admiration and affection.
In most cases the former is the real goal, lets be entirely truthful. While we are being so kind and up front, let me use this mouthpiece to tell you five things we want (you know the things we really like).
1) Every guy loves the smell of bacon or sausage in the morning. So, something as simple as waking up early and slamming down that Jimmy Dean or Bob Evans sausage is a great way to a guy’s heart. The effort is minimal, and that may be all you need to do for the entire day! Yes, that’s right, other than the first paragraph, check out the Bacon breakfast idea – we all love it!
2) If, because of schedule differences, you cannot provide the above breakfast, consider buying a 12-pack of our favorite Beer and not bugging us right away for (that special valentine’s dinner) when we get home. Oh, we both know it’s coming, and you will get that romantic dinner, but consider our simple pleasure of beer before we go out.
3) Hard Rock or Metal Music. Guys, (any worth their salt have this on their mental “to do” lists) prefer to enter this disciplined ritual with some kind of head-banging music to keep ourselves occupied. Consider pre-loading a new IPOD with Rage against the machine, TOOL, Metallica or Drowning Pool music.
4) Most of us do not like to read (even though we say otherwise to seem intellectual), so get us something with bikini pictures, UFC fighting, hot rods and man articles. A good way to do this is to get us subscriptions to Playboy or Maxim and cut your costs at venues like amazon.com. This gives us something to look forward to other than the piles of bills and junk mail we receive. Moreover, it keeeps us from having boring conversations witht he people we love, including you (hate to break it).
5) Finally, consider buying us a video game that has the name Madden in the title of the game. Spend some time looking through our sports (playstation or Xbox) collection to make sure you do not duplicate something we already have. Additionally, make sure the game has the latest year attached to its title. We do not want an older game, it has to be the newest and best to please our egos.
In the end, these five simple steps will prove to our girls, that you can make your man happy and use this effort to apply any forthcoming manipulation you have planned. Whether it’s a play or a vacation to some exotic location, know full well, you have laid the groundwork for guilt trips if you so desire. Remember, we love you, and this is how to win your man’s love!