The combination of Women’s fashion and proper office apparel offers a unique challenge to any fashion designer; and the fashion trend for Spring 2009 is no exception.
For Spring 2009 the fashion industry offers fabrics that are sheer, soft and flowing and full of color. Platform heels are back as well as cardigans. If you are looking to build your office wardrobe, here are five of the hottest trends for Spring 2009’s appropriate office apparel. And the nice thing is, they can be bought at Walmart, or any other store of your choice.
1. Use a scarf – Since sheer is in, for Spring 2009, and you of course wouldn’t consider wearing a sheer blouse to work; wear a scarf. A soft scarf loosely tied about the neck, can add a touch of elegance to any attire. And, as the days become warmer, you can skip the blouse under the jacket, and drape your scarf around the neckline of the jacket. You can either knot it or tuck it in. Either way looks very nice. Sheer blouses are perfectly acceptable if you are layering them under a jacket or a vest.
I found a website that teaches a woman how to tie a scarf in different ways, to accent any office appropriate wardrobe nicely. Give it a try. It is really kind of fun.
2. Shoes – Mary Jane’s are back, and so are platform heels. Since you are more than likely going to be in your shoes the greater part of the day, make sure that your heels are not too high. If you do much walking around in your office, or a lot of standing, you might be more comfortable in flat Mary Jane’s. These shoes are quite stylish, and very feminine.
3. Handbag/purse – A lady’s handbag or purse should be of the same color and texture as her shoes. It adds a touch of professionalism, and a sense of being well-put together when shoes and purse or handbag match.
4. Cardigans – Spring 2009 has cardigans back with a vengeance, and this year they have ¾ sleeves. They are accented with large buttons. They can be worn buttoned up (not the top button) as a top, or they can be worn opened, with a matching camisole, depending on your attire for the day.
5. Pants – Fabric choices for Spring 2009 are soft and flowing, and that goes for slacks as well. A nice cotton-blend is a good choice, and will be comfortable when the days get warmer. If your boss or supervisor doesn’t mind, cropped pants are very stylish this spring, and look very nice and professional.
I have listed here a couple of websites that I have found to be very helpful in helping women put these fabrics and accessories together, and making a nice office appropriate attire.