My friend, Tara Meacham, had the idea for us to start our own writing prompt blog, so other people with writer’s block can visit our page, and find things to write about. We have not yet started our blog, but I thought I might test some waters here. This is my twelfth writing prompt idea, and response.
Writing prompt: If you could build your own shopping center, what 10 stores would you choose to put in it? (Size doesn’t matter.)
1. Wal-Mart Supercenter is a must. It’s my one-stop shop for pretty much everything– groceries, toiletries, pet food, and beyond. It’s usually a quick and easy in-and-out, and I would probably die if I didn’t have it at my disposal.
2. Target, because it’s like Wal-Mart, but a step up, and a little higher class. That and I just enjoy shopping in Target more.
3. Barnes and Noble with Barnes and Noble Cafe inside is another must. Usually, when I want Starbucks, I go to B&N, because I also like browsing books and stationary, and it’s where I get most of my stationary.
4. A Little Bit Hippie or Easter Island, because I love buying incense, beads, liberal and hippie bumper stickers, and tie dye things.
5. Fresh Market, because even though I can usually get what I want at regular grocery stores, it’s sometimes nice to get something special, and all organic veggies. Fresh Market has all that, and more.
6. Rue 21, because I absolutely love all the inexpensive jewelry there, that actually fits my taste.
7. Fresh Air Natural Food would be an asset for my shopping center, because I have a lot of health-and-environmentaly friendly friends. I am amongst them. Fresh Air has natural food, makeup, cleaning products, and beyond. For those of you who have never heard of this place, it’s like Whole Foods.
8. Hallmark, because I hate going to Wal-Mart and searching through their ill-sorted cards, to find the right one for people. I also like Hallmark, because they always have a large selection of musical cards, which is what I love to buy for people. I also like their Christmas ornaments, and other items.
9. Yankee Candle would be a great addition to my shopping center, because everyone loves scented candles. Also, it’s better than trying to find good candles at Wal-Mart and Target. I love Yankee Candle, because they always have the new seasonal scents, as well as really pretty holders.
10. Michael’s, the craft supply store, would be my last pick. I’m not artist or scrapbooker, but sometimes, I like to go visit and buy beads and stuff like soapmaking kits, to make creative things.
These ten stores would be the composure of my dream shopping center. Add in a few restaurants, and it’d be perfect. Which stores would be included in your shopping center?