My friend, Tara Meacham, had the idea for us to start our own writing prompt blog, so other people with writer’s block can visit our page, and find things to write about. We have not yet started our blog, but I thought I might test some waters here. This is my fifth writing prompt idea, and response.
Writing prompt: What are your top 10 favorite movies right now, and why?
1. 10 Things I Hate About You, because it’s just a fun, comedic, romantic movie. To a lot of people, it seems like your typical high school movie, but I rather enjoyed it, and thought it was a bit different. It’s also my favorite movie with Heath Ledger in it.
2. School of Rock, because it’s one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen. This movie is chock full of good music, and it has me singing the whole time. And Jack Black is hilarious.
3. National Treasure and National Treasure 2, because they are so full of history and adventure. The suspense is amazing, and I love everyone’s wittiness. I also love National Treasure 2, because there’s an opening for a third!
4. Vantage Point, because it was a “guy movie” that I actually loved. This movie is insane, too, because you’re sitting there, not sure what’s going to happen next. When I first saw it in the theatre, I was yelling stuff like “NO FREAKING WAY!” the whole time.
5. Elizabethtown, because of the unlikely match-up between Orlando Bloom’s and Kirsten Dunst’s characters. I also like the storyline, and how this was somewhat of an unconventional role for Bloom. It was also full of good, obscure music. I found myself downloading the soundtrack.
6. A Walk to Remember, because it’s been one of my favorites for years. It’s a wonderful story of unlikely and unconventional love. Honestly, too, I like Mandy Moore as an actress more than a singer.
7. Mean Girls, because it’s a freaking hilarious movie. The whole premise of the movie was just genius, and gives you a look into what high school is really like. I love Damian and Janice. It’s fun to sit around with my friend, Phil, and compare our personalities to those of the Plastics.
8. Coach Carter, because I am always appreciative of a good movie, based on a true story. This movie was a story of motivation, success, and believing in oneself.
9. My Big, Fat Greek Wedding, because it’s always fun to see a movie with accents. It’s also great to see a movie with an unconventional, thriving love story. This movie is high on hilarity factor, too. And for all the former lovers of boy bands, like myself, Joey Fatone from NSync plays a role in it.
10. Ghost Rider, because it is another one of those “guy movies” that actually kept my attention, and that I really liked. I am also a Nicholas Cage fan, so that was an automatic bonus for me.
These are the top ten of my favorite movies; what are yours?