My friend, Tara Meacham, had the idea for us to start our own writing prompt blog, so other people with writer’s block can visit our page, and find things to write about. We have not yet started our blog, but I thought I might test some waters here. This is my second writing prompt idea, and response.
Writing prompt: What are your top 10 things you’d buy if you won a million dollars?
1. I would buy me and my husband a house. We’re stuck living with my parents right now, and our own house–not an apartment, would be so nice for us.
2. Stick at least a quarter million dollars, if not more, in the savings. My husband and I live paycheck to paycheck, and it would be nice to live peacefully, knowing we have money to take care of us, if anything happens.
3. Pay off my parents’ mortgage. Even though I hate living with my parents, and have hated it since the dawn of time, they have helped us out, and I would pay this for them, so they wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore.
4. Send at least a quarter million to my husband’s parents, so they could get their foot firmly in the door, to purchase the new building in Jordan that they need, in order to expand their ministry.
5. If I were to win the million dollars now, I would go get my teeth fixed. I don’t have insurance, since it is basically unattainable for people like me right now, and my teeth are horrible and hurt like hell. I would spend cash on getting my teeth fixed immediately, then would make sure I got to get good insurance for me and Ben.
6. Give out a thousand dollars to each of my true friends, who are in debt or need some money to help them get by.
7. Go on a vacation, since my husband and I didn’t even have a honeymoon. We would travel to different places that we’ve wanted to go, especially since I’ve never traveled much.
8. Both my husband and I would go on shopping sprees. We’re pretty low-maintenance, so we wouldn’t go too crazy or anything. But I know we’d both go get new laptops probably (and donate our old ones to people who need them,) and I would get a great new phone. We might go crazy at first, but we’d get burnt out on buying. Just being honest.
9. We’d donate to charities of our choice, and sponsor underprivileged children in poor countries. I’m a big fan of humanitarian work, and would want to do what I could, to help.
10. We’d probably be burnt out on spending at this point, so we’d probably put the rest in our checking account, and go out to eat and do stuff whenever wanted, and pay bills from the rest. I know we’d find everything bad on our credit and pay it off, and be done with it.
What would you spend a million dollars on, if you won it?