My friend, Tara Meacham, had the idea for us to start our own writing prompt blog, so other people with writer’s block can visit our page, and find things to write about. We have not yet started our blog, but I thought I might test some waters here. This is my first writing prompt idea, and response.
Writing prompt: Who are the top 10 people you’d like to meet–dead or alive–and why?
1. Barack Obama, because he made history. Not only did he make history, but he did it with a lot of charisma and finesse. He endured every adversity there was to endure, and still came out on top. I would also like to meet him and tell him what a pleasure it was to help work on his campaign, and how it was all worth it.
2. Hillary Clinton, because she also made history. It would truly be amazing to meet the first female Presidential candidate for the Presidency. I would also like to tell her how very grateful I was for her classy act in supporting Barack Obama, and that if she ever ran again, she would have my vote.
3. Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional, because I want to tell him how much his music impacted, and still impacts my life today. I want to tell him that his words have been just what I needed in a lot of situations, for years now.
4. John Mayer, for the same reason I want to meet Chris Carrabba. I have heard that John is egotistical and arrogant, but I would still love to have the opportunity to meet him, and tell him how amazing his music and lyrics are.
5. John Lennon, because I would really love to tell him how much I admire his peace movement. I want to tell him how much I love his music, and how “Imagine” makes me cry, and how “Give Peace a Chance” inspires me to love people even more.
6. Paul McCartney, because he is an amazing activist, and his music has inspired me, as well. Between him and John, I have listened to some of the most amazing music ever written, and for that, I am totally grateful, and I want Paul to know that.
7. Heath Ledger, because he was always one of my favorite actors. Even before he died and The Dark Knight became a hit, and it became trendy to love Heath Ledger, I did think he was amazing. 10 Things I Hate About You, and Brokeback Mountain are two of my favorite movies. I would love to meet him and tell him that he makes me smile every time he’s on the screen. I would also love to tell him that I love his accent.
8. Kevin Smith (aka Silent Bob,) because he seems like he’d be fun to talk to and hang out with. He also seems like he’d be very down-to-earth. I want to talk to him about what it was like to work with the cast of Degrassi, and how much it was a dream come true for him, because he loved Degrassi High when he was growing up.
9. Nicholas Cage, because even though all my friends seem to hate him, he is one of my favorite actors, from what I’ve seen him in. I would like to meet him and Justin Bartha, actually, and talk to them all about the National Treasure movies.
10. Christian Siriano from Project Runway, because he is just too funny. Since I am a total hag, in the best sense, I think he and I would get along handily. However, he probably would want to completely re-dress me… and that’s OK.
Those are my top ten people I’d like to meet. Who are yours?